Nutritional Services Cook – Full Time, Revised Posting on 02/08/2017
#022017 External and Internal Candidates may apply at www.thayercountyhealth.com – click on Careers
This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by preparing and serving meals in accordance with current federal and state regulations and organization/department policies & procedures governing our facility to ensure that quality food service is provided in a timely manner; Complete dishwashing operation and completed cleaning tasks and is responsible for opening and closing of the department.
SUPERVISION: Reports to Nutritional Services Director.
SHIFT: Full Time Non-Exempt; Days, Monday-Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One to two years of experience in an institutional kitchen or completion of a Nebraska state approved dietary managers course is required.
• Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions, observe all safety rules, work cooperatively with other staff and interact effectively with the general public.
• Must have the ability to perform math functions including standardize recipes.
• Must have the ability to understand therapeutic diets, diet consistencies, and standardized recipes and to utilize equipment, chemicals, and other supplies correctly and safely.
• Must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
• Prepares and serves patient, cafeteria, and special function meals at the proper temperatures following patient preferences, menus, standardized recipes, diet modifications, portion control, production guides, regulations and policies/procedures. Follows written duty sheets.
• Assumes charge of food service operations in the absence of the Nutritional Services Director. Keeps other employees on task and assures their job duties are completed.
• Completes daily forms/logs (i.e., receiving, temperatures: food, refrigeration, dish machine; cooling; sanitizer; pot/pan sink; patient meal rounds), follows HACCP policies/Procedures. Maintains proper food temps throughout food preparation and service.
• Follows proper ware washing (manual and automatic) policies/procedures.
• Receives, stores, and verifies invoices for incoming food/supplies. Follows food storage policies/procedures (i.e., labels, dates $ stored food properly).
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment in accordance with regulations. Completes cleaning duties and cleaning schedules as assigned.
• Completes cost control reports (i.e., number of meals served, cashier reports, etc.).
• Communicates with co-workers throughout shift to maximize patient/customer satisfaction. Reports inadequate inventory levels.
• Serves on committees and attends meetings as assigned.
• Provides effective on the-the-job training for new departmental staff.
• Maintains a safe work environment in accordance with regulations and safety rules. Reports repair and maintenance needs. Completes proper reports (i.e., accident/incident. Fire drill, etc.).
• Demonstrates competency in operation and cleaning of kitchen equipment.
• Interacts with patients when needed.
• Other related duties and tasks assigned.