External and Internal Candidates may apply at www.thayercountyhealth.com – click on Careers
Thayer County Health Services, Thayer County, NE
POSITION SUMMARY: The System/Network Administrator reports to the IT CIO. This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, diagnostics, performance, backup, and ongoing maintenance of all network infrastructure related equipment at TCHS. This position is also responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, policies and procedures.
SUPERVISION: Responsible to the CIO SHIFT: Full time, Non-Exempt, Day shift, with 24/7 on call coverage rotation.
• Bachelor’s degree (4 year) or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Management or related field.
• Two years’ experience in Information Systems desired. Healthcare IT or other service industry experience desired.
• Network and/or security certifications strongly preferred.
• Experience in installing and maintaining router and switches.
• Knowledge of Ethernet and VLANs preferred.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP preferred.
• Familiarity with Windows operating system.
• Knowledge of virtual desktop preferred.
• Must possess good communication and customer service skills.
• Provides computer server specifications, designs, configurations, and implementations
• Presents the planning of system and/or process changes that include analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, installation, implementation, and integration of a variety of systems and storage devices.
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT
policies and procedures.
• Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Responsible for the day to day system administration support and operations.
• Applies upgrades, patches, and/or hot-fixes to operating systems and applications.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations, supporting media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
• Assists with the training of new team members.
• Proactively responds to system problems and issues, communicating system issues or defects to appropriate IT resources.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive production system hardware and software configuration/library of all supporting documentation.
• Assists other team members along with management in crafting detailed disaster recovery systems and procedures.
• Remains abreast of the latest IT and Healthcare IT industry trends and best practices.
• Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Fully supports and follows IT Department Change Management policies and procedures.
• Maintains the day to day cleanliness of the Data Center.
• Performs a daily walk through of the Data Center to report and correct any server or appliance trouble indicator lights.
• Performs duties on call as required.
• Demonstrate solid understanding of virtual technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V, and Knowledge of SAN technologies and basic network troubleshooting.
• Oversee the general operation of the enterprise network infrastructure at TCHS, including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, access points, etc.
• Monitor network/systems performance and make adjustments as necessary
• Solid understanding of basic network concepts such as TCP/IP, UDP, VoIP, subnetting, routing, spanning tree, VPN, etc.
• Establish and maintain network security structure for all switches, routers, firewalls, remote access, VPNs, wireless, etc.
• Maintains knowledge of current technological advances for hardware and software and make recommendations for network improvement.
• Develops and maintains appropriate documentation on network applications, Document system changes in System Log.
• Respond to calls relating to network problems escalated from Help Desk.
• Develops and maintains appropriate documentation on network equipment and configurations, Document system changes in System Log.
• Apply network equipment firmware and software operating system patches and updates as available.
• Document and maintain all network connections in each wiring closet.
• Establish procedures for connecting workstations to the network in coordination with other IT staff.
• Research products to improve performance and administration.
• Determine necessary infrastructure hardware upgrades and make recommendations.
• Prepare basic troubleshooting procedures for use at the Help Desk.
• Prepare and conduct training for Help Desk and Operations staff.
• Prepare escalation procedures for the Help Desk
• Attend on-going vendor training as new releases are available.
• Liaison with hardware vendor when problems arise
• Completion of required project and time logs/reports as required
• Attend meetings as require.