Specialty Clinic Staff (RN/LPN) PRN
This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by exercising appropriate nursing judgment based on knowledge, skills and understanding in nursing situations, participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, is involved in a quality assurance program to provide optimal patient care. Reports to head of Specialty Clinic, and ultimately to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Reports to Specialty Clinic Supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and possess a current valid state nursing license.
- Maintains current CPR status.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Participates in scheduling patients for appropriate clinics, prepares the patient records for the clinic, planning care for patients utilizing physician orders, instructions, established standards, nursing techniques, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working with office staffs/patients/families/other facilities to coordinate care.
- Performs nursing care and service for patients such as assessment & documentation of signs & symptoms, administering sterile treatments, assisting with examinations, participating in rehabilitation of patients, and & showing appropriate use and care of resources all in accordance with the medical and /or nursing plan of care.
- Assists physicians, nurses and others as required; responsible for total patient care of the patient in the Specialty Clinic.
- Assumes responsibilities for the development and implantation of standards in Specialty Clinic.
- Performs patient telephone triage, assessing the needs and coordinates the needs with the referring clinic.
- Prepares, administers, and documents oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular medications.
- Assist in planning, providing, & evaluating patient care as a member of the Specialty Clinic team.
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment used in Specialty Clinic.
- Performs duties in care and cleaning of rooms and equipment after use, stocks supplies in designated areas, and keeps the area clean and in order.
- Observes, records, and reports to the appropriate persons, general and specific physical and mental conditions of patients.
- Performs selected procedures and therapeutic treatments, provides nursing care in Specialty Clinic following demonstration of competence.
- Promotes patient education and assists in teaching patient health maintenance & self-care.
- Studies and evaluates trends and developments in nursing practices with thought of their adaptability to the specific needs.
- Assumes responsibility for accuracy of procedures, documentation and maintenance of high standards of nursing care. Maintains accurate and complete records.
- Assists in training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, committees where requested/needed, attends in-service programs, employee meetings, and required educational trainings as the clinic permits.
- Completes the competency checklist that is required for each Specialty Clinic doctor.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, families, medical staff, and other facility staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.