PRN RN – Hospital
This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by exercising appropriate nursing judgment based on knowledge, skills and understanding in nursing situations, participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, is involved in a quality assurance program to provide optimal patient care.
Reports to House RN Supervisor and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a current valid state Nursing License.
- Maintains current CPR status.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Performs nursing care and services for patients such as assessment and documentation of signs and symptoms, administering sterile treatments, assisting with examinations, participating in the rehabilitation of patients, and showing appropriate use and care of resources all in accordance with the medical and/or nursing plan of care.
- Prepares, administers, and documents oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications; observes site of insertion, rate of flow in IV’s and discontinues IV’s.
- Assists in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
- Assists physicians, nurses and others as required; responsible for total patient care of patients assigned and delegation of duties to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Performs duties in care and cleaning of rooms and equipment after use or discharge, stocks supplies in designated areas, keeps utility and other nursing areas clean and in order.
- Observes, records, and reports to the appropriate persons, general and specific physical and mental conditions of patients, and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Performs selected procedures and therapeutic treatments, provides nursing care in Med/Surg, Emergency Room and the Operating Room following demonstration of competence.
- Observes and provides care to the obstetrical patient through the stages of labor, delivery, and post-partum, after demonstration of competence.
- Observes and provides care of the newborn after NRP and STABLE certification and demonstration of competence.
- Participates in planning care for patients utilizing physician orders, instructions, established standards, nursing techniques, policies and procedures.
- Promotes patient education and assists in teaching patient health maintenance and self-care.
- Studies and evaluates trends and developments in nursing practices with thought of their adaptability to the specific needs.
- Assumes responsibility for accuracy of procedures, documentation and maintenance of high standards of nursing care. Maintains accurate and complete records.
- Verifies electronically placed provider orders in a timely manner.
- Assists in training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, committees where requested/needed, attends in-service programs, staff and employee meetings and required educational trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Updated posting on 3/30/2015
Updated Posting from Part Time to Full Time on 5/15/2015
Updated Posting from Full Time to PRN on 10/5/2015