Reports to the Patient Access Team Lead.
• High School Diploma is required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
• Prior experience with registration functions for a Rural Health Clinic is preferred.
• Computer and keyboarding skills required.
• Maintains excellent phone skills emphasizing customer service excellence.
• Greets patients in prompt fashion, inquiring of their needs and assisting when needed.
• Registers current and future patients for clinic, hospital, lab, radiology, rehab and specialty appointments and procedures according to departmental guidelines.
o Obtains data required to initiate and/or complete patient records including verification of all demographic, employment, retirement, accident and insurance information to ensure accuracy.
o Ensure insurance precertification, referral, and authorization requirements have been met for commercial, government and worker’s compensation payers.
o Obtains authorization signatures for consent to treatment, release of information, financial responsibility, and any other necessary forms.
o Scans insurance cards, referrals, consents and patient identification documents into document imaging software.
o Determines and collects patient co-pays, deductibles and applicable co-insurance amounts required by insurance guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
• Refers patients to the Financial Counselor as needed.
• Follows up on obtaining any required information that is unavailable at the time of registration.
• Counts and balances cash drawer, completes deposit and follows department process for all monies collected.
• General secretarial duties as needed.
• Works flexible work schedule hours as required.
• Works in CPSI and Allscripts software systems, as well as any other systems required for performing required job duties.
• Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs, continuing education programs, and fulfills yearly requirements as stated by policy.
• Assists in orientation of new staff.
• Participates in achieving organizational goals.
• Maintains effective working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, office staff, hospital personnel, and the public.
• Assures confidentiality of patient and hospital information, maintaining compliance with policies and procedures.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Performance metrics will include error rates, percentage of patient responsibility payments collected or secured, and other factors determined by management.
Full Time/Part Time – Day/Evening – Rotating Saturdays. Additional Information
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Closing Date: 10/01/2014 Contact Information