Hospital RN -Full Time, Nights – Posted on 4/10/2017 – #122017 – Position Eligible for Difficult to Fill Sign On Bonus and Employee Referral
External and Internal Candidates may apply at www.thayercountyhealth.com – click on Careers
This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by functioning as a member of the health care team by exercising appropriate nursing judgment based on knowledge, skills, and understanding in nursing situations, under the supervision of the charge nurse.
SHIFT: Non-Exempt Full Time, Nights. SUPERVISION: Reports to Chief Nursing Officer
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a current valid state Nursing License.
• Maintains current CPR status.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Maintains current NRP and STABLE.
• TCNN and ACLS, in addition to the above.
RN PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs nursing care and services for patients such as assessment and documentation of signs and symptoms, administering sterile treatments, assisting with examinations, participating in the rehabilitation of patients, and showing appropriate use and care of resources all in accordance with the medical and/or nursing plan of care.
• Prepares, administers, and documents oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications; observes site of insertion, rate of flow in IV’s and discontinues IV’s.
• Assists in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
• Assists physicians, nurses and others as required; responsible for total patient care of patients assigned and delegation of duties to appropriate personnel as necessary.
• Performs duties in care and cleaning of rooms and equipment after use or discharge, stocks supplies in designated areas, keeps utility and other nursing areas clean and in order.
• Observes, records, and reports to the appropriate persons, general and specific physical and mental conditions of patients, and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
• Performs selected procedures and therapeutic treatments, provides nursing care in Med/Surg, Emergency Room and the Operating Room following demonstration of competence.
• Observes and provides care to the obstetrical patient through the stages of labor, delivery, and post-partum, after demonstration of competence.
• Observes and provides care of the newborn after NRP and STABLE certification and demonstration of competence.
• Participates in planning care for patients utilizing physician orders, instructions, established standards, nursing techniques, policies and procedures.
• Promotes patient education and assists in teaching patient health maintenance and self-care.
• Studies and evaluates trends and developments in nursing practices with thought of their adaptability to the specific needs.
• Assumes responsibility for accuracy of procedures, documentation and maintenance of high standards of nursing care. Maintains accurate and complete records.
• Verifies electronically placed provider orders in a timely manner.
• Assists in training and orientation of new employees.
• Participates in Quality Assurance, committees where requested/needed, attends in-service programs, staff and employee meetings and required educational trainings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.